Thursday, February 7, 2008

Top 5 Fave Books

Any Rand Atlas Shrugged

This is a timeless book, I loved reading! Though I'm sure i didn't understand all of it I am facinated with her view explained here.

Any Rand Anthem

This book really sparked my interest in the self. I was a high school student when I picked this novel up and I just couldn't imagine life like this. The narrator of the story doesn't seperate himself from everyone else. He does a job that he was told to do, not what he wants to do. I couldn't have lived like that with that kind of lack of freedom.

Anita Shreve The Pilot's Wife

This was a tremendous book of bravery and enlightenment. I fell in love with the whole story and how it came about that this was going on. This was my first book that I read of her's.

Anita Shreve Sea Glass

This book, with the big gloomy old house, really reminded me of me. I used to collect sea glass on the beach with my aunt. That is what drew me to read this novel. Once I had picked it up I just couldn't put it down again. It was entirely facinating and I was in love with it from the first moment.

Stephen King The Stand

This was a long but facinating book. I like his novels because they take place in the North East, where I'm from. Also they are all page turners, you won't be bored, and probably you won't be able to sleep. This novel is about the apocolypse and I find it facinating how King is able to write this but it's also beautiful and one of his best in my opinion.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I liked the 5 top reads. I could tell you were fascinated with these books. I especially liked the comments about the sea glass. Has your aunt read your blogs?